Tuesday, November 21, 2017

"The Fault in Our Stars" ‏Book Review @johngreen



The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a story that makes you laugh out loud one minute and cry the next. It took me less than a day to finish this novel.  It is the type of book that you can’t put down until you have read it cover to cover.  It is my “go to” book for long car rides or lazy winter days at home curled up with a blanket and a good book. I really enjoy this book and the themes that are portrayed throughout it. One quote and theme that really hit home for me was, “I am on a rollercoaster that only goes up my friend,’’ stated by Augustus Waters.  Although the main characters are facing life and death situations, they are determined to see the positive in all aspects of their lives.  How many of us could learn from this?  I often hear teachers at my school tell students to “keep small problems small.”  What a great lesson.  Although we all hit bumps in the road, we need to be thankful for the friends and family we have along for the ride. John Green takes a story of two cancer patients and makes it so much more than what you would expect! The story of Hazel and Augustus will inspire you to live every moment of your life to the fullest! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and rank it as one of my top ten favorites. Check out The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment